Donate for a great cause, get a chance for a little something in return.
Donate to the Western Mass Food Bank or to Toys for Tots from Nov 1 - 27 and you'll be entered to win a Remote Starter for your car. Drop off your donation in the showroom at 1000 Main St, Holyoke, MA and you'll be entered to win and best of all you'll be providing great assistance to those in need.
Below is the current list of most-needed food items. It's a great idea to try to collect items that can be combined to make a healthy meal, such as:
• Peanut butter and
• Rice and
canned or dry beans
• Spaghetti and
canned spaghetti sauce
• Canned or boxed pasta/rice meals and
• Canned or instant soups/stews and
• Dry oatmeal and
Top Ten things YOU Need to Know about The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
1. The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts has been serving the region since 1982.
2. The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is the largest hunger-relief organization in our region.
3. In 2012, we distributed more than 6.5 million pounds of food.
4. More than 135,000 individuals seek food assistance in Western Massachusetts.
5. Food Bank food is distributed through a network of about 300 independent food assistance programs as well as 70 Food Bank-operated Brown Bag: Food for Elders sites.
6. The Food Bank receives funding from a variety of sources, including individuals, families, private foundations, government and business.
7. For every $1 donated, The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is able to provide 3 meals--that's more than $9 worth of food.
8. The Food Bank does more than distribute food; we also conduct SNAP outreach and enrollment, provide nutrition education, and build the capacity of agencies to serve those in need.
9. The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts advocates on matters of local, regional and national policy related to hunger, food insecurity, and nutrition.
10. The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is a regional resource for hunger education and volunteer opportunities.